Process & Product Quality
JOA extraction systems and microclimates focus on a healthy work environment. What's more, we deliver economic benefits through improved processes stability and product quality.Martin Tukker, Director of JOA
Across the industry improved process and product quality
We base our work on particulate matter behaviour and computational fluid dynamics modelling combined with our large industrial experience in realizing projects. As a result, we know how to standardize solutions across different industries. For example, in
- Medicine manufacturing: JOA GCM modeling and humidity control make it possible to realize 1/3 fewer rejected bioreactor batches.
- Advanced powder milling: It is essential to avoid cross-contamination and optimize product recovery. High-end JPF (ACiP) filters, with acoustic cleaning in place, serve this purpose. As a result, it reduces the cleaning downtime of the factory.
- Film extrusion: JOA micro-climates specialize in controlling the air-flow profile in optical grade plastic film extrusion. We are able to reduce the number of defects by ca. 70% and guarantee ISO class 7 air quality during operation (eliminating the extruder thermal engine).
- Toner production: Extruder-feeder venting via JOA balanced extraction results in stable throughput and increased productivity.
- Food production: Balanced extraction with JOA deflector hoods minimize losses of valuable additives by 40+%, contributing to good manufacturing practices.
Extract on demand
GCM-model system balancing eliminates the need for any valves in the system. Balanced systems are stable and optimized for energy consumption. By applying JOA Carousels the required extraction capacity becomes flexible to the needs of the process. V0crit balanced systems prevent dust build-up for long term ATEX compliance and system reliability.System designs modeling
Deflector & degritter yield
The interaction between dust particles and air flow is subject to force balance modeling. Combining dust characteristics and air properties lead to accurate product recovery predictions. Applying Deflector- and Degritter technology generates direct yield by recovering powder at the extraction point. Additionally it reduces the dust load to the filter.Product recovery and Acoustic-Cleaning