PROCESS & PRODUCT QUALITY
JOA technology delivers economic benefits through improved process stability and product quality. Our product recovery systems are GCM balanced, applying distributed conveying velocities to prevent dust build-up and challenges around vapor. Additionally, we use CFD-optimized extraction and deflector hoods and enclosures. This minimizes the extraction of valuable dust. At the same time, it reduces the risk of problems with explosive dust especially important in for example in the ATEX zone. It also reduces the downtime of the facility because the factory needs less cleaning or filter replacement.
JOA’s proven technology
We are dedicated to effectively communicating with our customers to resolve specific problems with customized solutions. We are specially equipped to handle air filter challenges in ATEX zones. Our references come from all over the world, which shows the strength of model-based dust and vapor collection systems with an eye to economics. JOA air technical innovations contribute to stable production processes, improved product quality, and a reduced number of rejects. Our proven best practices include
- Deflector hoods for valuable product recovery
- Precise system balancing for flexible, on-demand (carrousel) extraction
- Micro-climates for controlled local airflow and local clean rooms
- Complying with ATEX regulation
Across the industry improved process and product quality
We base our work on particulate matter behaviour and computational fluid dynamics modelling combined with our large industrial experience in realizing projects. As a result, we know how to standardize solutions across different industries. For example, in
- Medicine manufacturing: JOA GCM modeling and humidity control make it possible to realize 1/3 fewer rejected bioreactor batches.
- Advanced powder milling: It is essential to avoid cross-contamination and optimize product recovery. High-end JPF (ACiP) filters, with acoustic cleaning in place, serve this purpose. As a result, it reduces the (cleanroom) cleaning downtime of the factory.
- Film extrusion: JOA micro-climates specialize in controlling the air-flow profile in optical grade plastic film extrusion. We are able to reduce the number of defects by ca. 70% and guarantee ISO class 7 air quality during operation (eliminating the extruder thermal engine).
- Toner production: Extruder-feeder venting via JOA balanced extraction results in stable throughput and increased productivity.
- Food production: Balanced extraction with JOA deflector hoods minimize losses of valuable additives by 40+%, contributing to good manufacturing practices.
Process & product improvement for truely sustainable yield
Patent-pending JPF ACiP filters are a good example of gentle product handling with optimal production yield and prevention of cross-contamination. This starts with an absolutely balanced extraction system. JOA balancing restrictors guarantee a stable process and prevent over-extraction, the loss valuable powders. Special deflector and de-gritter hood designs recover valuable products at the extraction point, reaching yield improvement in the range of 40-45%.
It is important to operate industrial dust collection and ventilation systems in stable, reliable and efficient manner – you can do it through JOA predictive GCM and V0crit-Modeling. Read our whitepaper and learn why precise Modeling of Individual System components is crucial for dust and vapor collection.
It is necessary to prevent over-extraction of valuable dust and secure adequate product recovery. For effective powder restoration it is important to understand the motion of particles in the air that “escapes” from the process. Read our whitepaper and find out how JOA technology works to ensure your product direct recovery.